[PD-dev] building on OS X

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 16:09:39 CET 2015

Hey Dan

Thanks a lot for the insight. With your few hints the process turned to
be easier than I initially thought. I got a few externals compiled and
uploaded to deken (no ppc, though, just fat as in i386 and x86_64).
netpd runs now easily with Pd-vanilla on OS X. Great :-)

Roman

p.s.:
I converted the few externals I care about to Katja's pd-lib-builder
Makefile. I never felt quite comfortable with building binaries from
source as it often lead to issues I lacked the knowledge to properly
deal with, thus I was conditioned to connect building with pain. I must
say the switch was almost pain-free process and it worked on five
different architectures nearly out-of-the-box. The build system has a
level of abstraction I believe I can still understand.
Katja, I think you did great. I'm a happy and thankful user :-)