[PD-dev] how to package libs with third party deps with deken?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Dec 15 16:28:57 CET 2015

On 2015-12-15 16:18, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> How can/should externals be distributed with deken that depend on other
> libraries? Let's say I'd like to create a deken package for the aubio
> library which depends on libaubio. What's the process? Would I just
> include a libaubio binary and make sure that pd externals link to that?
>
> Does that work similarly on every platform or should every platform be
> treated differently?

on w32 and OSX i would ship an embedded library within the directory.
on linux i would not.

the process how to embed libs in a way that they are actually searched
in the external's directory is platform dependent.
there's a scrip for OSX in pd-iem that recursively resolves dependencies
and makes them embeddable.
this might be a good addition to deken (feel free to create a feature
request).

fgamdr
IOhannes