[PD-dev] building on OS X

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 17:57:21 CET 2015

On Mit, 2015-12-16 at 00:39 +0100, katja wrote:

> Testing is much more work than writing a makefile, as all classes in a
> lib must be verified to still work on 'all' platforms before a build
> system can be safely replaced.

Yes.

>  Your makefile for iemnet has this
> conditional variable definition:
>
>     ifeq ($(uname), MINGW)
>       ldlibs = -lwsock32
>     endif

Frankly, I was wondering about that, too. I'm looking for the proper way
to set certain flags only for certain platforms.

> Did you test it on Windows?

Building works with mingw-w64 on Linux. I haven't tested if it works on
Windows. I think I have thoroughly tested the resulting binaries.

>  The conditional check happens before
> Makefile.pdlibbuilder (which defines variable 'uname') is included.

Without that clause, building fails on mingw-w64. Without the
conditional, it breaks other platforms. I can't tell you why, but it
works. I'm open for suggestions about how to do this in a cleaner way.

Roman