[PD-dev] overview of upstream sources?

Martin Peach chakekatzil at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 17:30:28 CET 2015

According to the FAQ at gnu .org
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#UnchangedJustBinary):
I downloaded just the binary from the net. If I distribute copies, do I
have to get the source and distribute that too?

Yes. The general rule is, if you distribute binaries, you must distribute
the complete corresponding source code too. The exception for the case
where you received a written offer for source code is quite limited.

...doesn't this imply that deken should also provide the source code
itself, at least as an option?

Martin