[PD-dev] [declare -stdlib] does not work anymore

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sun Jan 17 05:44:59 CET 2016

OK.. applied these.  Will vomment on one question below....
On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 04:25:47PM +0100, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> On 01/15/2016 11:12 AM, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> >> which means that the culprit is really in the new loader code (unrelated
> >> to [declare]).
> >>
> >> anyhow, attached you find two patches that supposedly fix this problem.
> >>
> >> 0001: does special handling for absolute paths (which was stripped out
> >> in my loader rewrite - on purpose, but accidentally no replacement was
> >> provided), by trying to load them first (if applicable).
> >>
> >> 0002: fixes the extra/ stripping/appending when generating the absolute
> >> pathnames for stdlib/stdpath.
> >
> > Thanks for the fix(es). [declare -stdlib] works again for me.
> >
> > Unlike specified in the help, -lib now searches  both, relative to the
> > patch _and_ standard paths, while -stdlib only searches standard paths
> > and is in accordance to the documentation. Is that intended?
>
> i think so.
> i cannot think of a reason why it should be different.

Well, "-path" works differently (only relative to the calling patch).  If
indeed "-lib" additionally searches "standard" paths it would seem more
sensible to make it act like "-path" - that gives the user the most control.

Quite possibly I'm misunderstanding something though.  The whole path/lib
thing has become too complicated for me...

cheers
Miller