[PD-dev] Fwd: Synchronizing OpenGL with libpd (with RtAudio or Port Audio)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 19:25:18 CET 2016

It looks like you’re using the C++ wrapper for libpd. Did you build it with thread support and/or are you using the queued layer?

There are actually 3 threads here:

* main application thread
* audio thread
* Open GL thread

libpd will obviously be utilized by the audio thread where you run the libpd process function. If you are *not* using a mutex or the queued layer, you may have resource issues between the audio thread and the other threads.

--------
Dan Wilcox
@danomatika <https://twitter.com/danomatika>
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>