[PD-dev] Symbol not found with Xcode

Pierre Guillot guillotpierre6 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 21:54:46 CET 2016

Hi all,

I'm working on a plugin that dynamically loads PD patches. Everything works
fine, I even manage the multiple instances issue. You can take a look at it
if you want : https://github.com/pierreguillot/Camomile. My problem is that
the plugin can't load dynamically the external libraries (I tried with
freeverb~ and other libraries and I got : Symbol not found: _s_signal
  Referenced from: /Users/Pierre/GitHub/Camomile/Patches/freeverb~.pd_darwin
  Expected in: flat namespace).
I don't have any linker flag and I set up this set of macros for the
preprocessor:
PD=1
HAVE_UNISTD_H=1
USEAPI_DUMMY=1
HAVE_ALLOCA_H=1
HAVE_LIBDL=1
PD_INTERNAL=1
I use Xcode 7.2.1 with LLVM and OSX 10.9 for the deployment target
(required for c++11 support). I going to try on Linux but if anybody has a
clue for Mac I would be grateful (I must use Xcode because it's a JUCE
project).

Cheers