[PD-dev] Symbol not found with Xcode

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 09:55:04 CET 2016

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Kjetil Matheussen <k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
> wrote:

> is that you have to link your plugin with RTLD_GLOBAL in order
> for your externals to see the symbols, but you
> don't control how the host loads your plugin. But even if you could
> (and you probably can if you make a wrapper plugin that loads your
> actual plugin), it wouldn't work very well since you would get lots
> of symbol clash when trying to load a second instance of your plugin.

Oops, my mind was stuck a little bit in the past when I wrote this. When I
wrote
libpds there weren't any support for several dsp graphs, which I guess
you are using to get multiple instances (?). In that case, it might work
to create a wrapper plugin (as I suggested), and load your actual plugin
once with RTLD_GLOBAL, but only if it hadn't already been loaded. I've been
meaning to do this for libpds for a very long time now, but it's been so
much other things to do.