[PD-dev] soundfiler second outlet?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 3 22:10:52 CEST 2016

Shouldn't that be a separate object? Like [soundinfo] or something?
I'm thinking of cases where the user may want to query an attribute in
order to decide how to load a file, or even whether they want to load
it at all.  Plus a one-to-one ratio between method and output is way
easier to learn, understand, and use.
Also-- I don't see anything in pd docs about methods which cause a
single outlet to send multiple messages in zero logical time.  It may seem
like an obvious design pattern to pair that with [route], but Pd users have
shown they can come up all kinds of creative ways to interpret an
interface.  They could use an accumulator and mod to count
outputs if they want, and that makes it hard to add more messages later.

-Jonathan