[PD-dev] double menu bindings

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun May 1 06:59:55 CEST 2016

On a related note to the zoom bindings, I’m wondering why we have keybindings for the canvas window in two places: pd_menus.tcl & pd_bindings.tcl?

When switching to tk 8.5 on Mac, I noticed that the iem gui creation hot keys (Shift+Command+B for bng, etc) result in 2 objects being created. This was not the case with Tk 8.4 and might be related to how the shift key was being handled.

Also, this is happening with *anything* that has a shift binding such as “Save As” opening 2 dialogs and “Redo” bing called twice.

Anyway, commenting out the -command settings for each men item that uses shift in ::pd::menus::build_put_menu fixes the issue as far as I can tell as the global key bindings catch it. This is something I’ll throw up into a branch when I lock down updates for tk 8.5 on OSX soon. It will need to be tested on other platforms.

--------
Dan Wilcox
@danomatika <https://twitter.com/danomatika>
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>