[PD-dev] [pure-data:bugs] #1243 tabread4~ doesn't correctly deliver first or last sample

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Wed May 11 21:03:46 CEST 2016

Looking into the tabread4~ code, it becomes obvious that this behavior is on purpose.
Nevertheless, for many applications, like interpolating window functions or ramps, it is undesirable, and potentially dangerous.

For my UPP framework, i made workarounds, one tabread2~ implementation, and a 'fixed' tabread4~ replacement, which resorts to linear interpolation at the front and back of the table area.
https://github.com/grrrr/upp/blob/master/upp.tabread2~.pd
https://github.com/grrrr/upp/blob/master/upp.tabread4~.pd

best, Thomas