[PD-dev] [pure-data:bugs] #1248 no more name clash warning in pd 0.47

Ticket 1248 1248 at bugs.pure-data.p.re.sf.net
Wed May 18 02:31:49 CEST 2016

---

** [bugs:#1248] no more name clash warning in pd 0.47**

**Status:** open
**Group:** v0.47
**Created:** Wed May 18, 2016 12:31 AM UTC by Anonymous
**Last Updated:** Wed May 18, 2016 12:31 AM UTC
**Owner:** Miller Puckette

howdy, before, if you loaded an external with the same name as a vanilla internal, pd did overwrite the internal object and send a warning such as warning: class 'foo' overwritten; old one renamed 'foo_aliased'

I actually personally strongly think that such name clashes should be avoided, this doesn't only concern internals, but also externals and, anyway, I already pointed these issues on the pd list recently.

But I'm here to just say that this warning is gone for some reason, though it is still overwriting - and this is bad.

cheers

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because pd-dev at lists.iem.at is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/bugs/