[PD-dev] deken package update

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jun 2 09:01:40 CEST 2016

On 2016-06-01 15:00, Marco Matteo Markidis wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> yesterday a guy on the general list reported me a bug and I did an update
> to one of my external, that is available on deken.
> Today I will update the deken repository; the suggested practice is update
> the external with incremented version or it's better to remove the old
> package?

whatever fits your workflow best.

personally, i think there is value in having older versions available,
and deken tries it's best to sort newer versions before older versions
(to gently nug the user into picking the newest available one, while
still makig older versions available to them).

otoh, if your old package is completely broken or horribly buggy, there
might be little use in keeping it around.
(but then, somebody might rely on some buggy behaviour; or fixing the
bug introduces a new bug; or...)

> Moreover, there is a way to remove a package? I don't see a remove
> command...

open your browser, log in to https://puredata.info, navigate to your
package and remove it.

dfamr