[PD-dev] DEFDACBLKSIZE and DEFSENDVS

Giulio Moro giuliomoro at yahoo.it
Tue Jul 12 17:46:07 CEST 2016

I see you found my question, thanks for your responses.
Here is the error I get when DEFDACBLKSIZE is 8 and DEFSENDVS is 64 : error: throw~ out: vector size mismatch

I was getting similar errors when using [s~] [r~] or [catch~].
>also, the overhead with a blocksize of 8 is considerably higher than a
>blocksize of 64, so when using *heavy* Pd-patches you might hit
>performance problems sooner than later.

Where is the performance hit for DEFDACBLKSIZE = 8 ?I see how there could be a performance hit when using a smaller audio driver block size, but would there be much difference between, e.g. DEFDACBLKSIZE = 8 and DEFDACBLKSIZE = 64 if the audio driver block size is set to 64 in both cases?

Thanks,Giulio