[PD-dev] LibPD for .NET and Mono now available from NuGet

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Tue Aug 30 01:53:15 CEST 2016

On 30.08.2016 01:07, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> Sweet. Thanks for all the work. The C# wrapper was getting a bit stale.
>
> Something on my backburner is to move libpd to autotools & configure.
> Would that help with building libpd for C#?

It will not help much, but it won't introduce additional obstacles.

I did not change much to the existing code, only minor changes to get it
to work with Mono on Linux.

The main work was documenting the steps from a fresh checkout to a fully
running C# library:
- Windows: How to get a current version of MinGW. Which version to use.
How to configure MinGW. What packages are needed.
- Windows: How to get a recent pthread library.
- How to configure the .NET/Mono project to use the compiled native on
different systems.
- How to integrate libPd with existing audio libraries, mainly NAudio.

Thanks,
Thomas
--
"Spielen Sie Strip Schnipp-Schnapp?" (Adam Weishaupt to Johann
Wolfgang von Goethe in: Robert Shea & Robert A. Wilson, The Golden