[PD-dev] Rewrite wrap~ to allow an extra block

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Sep 29 14:40:28 CEST 2016

On 2016-09-29 12:00, Ed Kelly via Pd-dev wrote:
> Hey list,I'm tearing my hair out trying to re-write the wrap~ object, so that it doesn't wrap instantly but waits until the end of the audio block to wrap~ the signal. I hope you understand.

no (nto trying very hard though).

i'm pretty confident that you are trying to solve the wrong problem.

if you want to delay the signal coming out of [wrap~] for one block, use
[delread~]/[delwrite~].
it's all there. nothing's needed to be coded. (using a delay of "0" and
order-forcing to make sure that [delwrite~] is handled after [delread~]
will give you exactly one block of delay).

if you want to do something else, then it's probably borked by design :-)

gmasdr
IOhannes

PS: please do not CC me. please only reply to a single mailinglist.