[PD-dev] [Possible Editor BUG] Save-as should change current context to new file

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Oct 28 22:17:44 CEST 2016

On 10/28/2016 06:50 AM, William Huston wrote:
> I would love to see this fixed, or else
> the existing behavior explained/justified
> with a BIG WARNING in the docs
> so that people can be prepared.

which docs?
while there are docs, i doubt that any BIG FAT WARNING will have the
desired effect.

i think the best (and simplest) solution would be to rename the "Save
As..." menu to "Save a Copy..." for abstraction-instances (as opposed to
top-level-patches).

switching/destroying contexts seems not such a good idea (for an
instance-oriented programming language such as Pd).

gfamrd
IOhannes