[PD-dev] [Possible Editor BUG] Save-as should change current context to new file

Fred Jan Kraan fjkraan at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 28 23:07:28 CEST 2016

On 28-10-16 22:17, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> On 10/28/2016 06:50 AM, William Huston wrote:
>> I would love to see this fixed, or else
>> the existing behavior explained/justified
>> with a BIG WARNING in the docs
>> so that people can be prepared.
>
> which docs?
> while there are docs, i doubt that any BIG FAT WARNING will have the
> desired effect.
>
> i think the best (and simplest) solution would be to rename the "Save
> As..." menu to "Save a Copy..." for abstraction-instances (as opposed to
> top-level-patches).

The GNU program Notepad++ has just such an option, next to Save As...

> switching/destroying contexts seems not such a good idea (for an
> instance-oriented programming language such as Pd).

In the past I vaguely remember this type of behaviour, but just now with
Linux and 0.47.1, it behaves as expected for Save As... I should try
more platforms... What I saw looked more like a menu bar which was not
updated.

@William: What is the platform and Pd-version?

> gfamrd
> IOhannes