[PD-dev] [pure-data:bugs] #1282 creating objects in a subpatch invalidates pointers to scalars

Ticket 1282 1282 at bugs.pure-data.p.re.sf.net
Tue Jan 3 12:24:52 CET 2017

---

** [bugs:#1282] creating objects in a subpatch invalidates pointers to scalars**

**Status:** open
**Group:** v0.47
**Created:** Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:24 AM UTC by Anonymous
**Last Updated:** Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:24 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Hi, I'm aware that deleting a scalar from subpatch automatically invalidates all pointers to scalars residing in this subpatch (as an easy way to prevent stale pointers).
Is it desired behaviour that deleting an *object* also invalidates all pointers? Usually, deleting elements from a linked list shouldn't invalidate iterators to remaining elements. and since the deleted element is an *object*, there is no way a [pointer] could have pointed to it, so there's no need for preventing stale pointers...

Furthermore, *creating* an object (e.g [+]) will also invalidate all pointers. I wonder why?

Christof

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because pd-dev at lists.iem.at is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/bugs/