[PD-dev] [pure-data:bugs] #1283 zoom level affects vslider output range

Fred Jan Kraan fjkraan at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 3 09:46:46 CET 2017

On 15-01-17 22:59, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:

> *[bugs:#1283] <https://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/bugs/1283/> zoom
> level affects vslider output range*

Last year I tried to address the zoom problems with the iem_gui objects,
and just added an improved patch to the bug report:

This is the improved patch. It tries to solve all zoom issues within the
current Pd objects. It turned out to be quite evasive as refactoring
helped clarifying the intention of the code. The changes could be
applied with minimal change, but this would compromise code readability.
The affected files are:
src/g_all_guis.c
src/g_all_guis.h
src/g_bang.c
src/g_hdial.c
src/g_hslider.c
src/g_numbox.c
src/g_text.c
src/g_toggle.c
src/g_vdial.c
src/g_vslider.c
src/g_vumeter.c

Only one known potential problem remains; in the slider_motion functions
there is code to keep track of the mouse pointer even if it is outside
the object. This code worked with the original zoom-functionality, but
doesn't in the patched zoom functionality. Removing it make it seem to
work in all situations.

Me being lazy, I would consider the problem solved, but as I clearly do
not understand it, it could do something useful that I am not aware of.

Greetings,

Fred Jan