[PD-dev] [pure-data:bugs] #1290 Tcl error on closing subpatch with array

Ticket 1290 1290 at bugs.pure-data.p.re.sf.net
Thu Mar 30 15:12:37 CEST 2017

---

** [bugs:#1290] Tcl error on closing subpatch with array**

**Status:** open
**Group:** v0.47
**Created:** Thu Mar 30, 2017 01:12 PM UTC by Anonymous
**Last Updated:** Thu Mar 30, 2017 01:12 PM UTC
**Owner:** Miller Puckette
**Attachments:**

- [tcl-error.pd](https://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/bugs/1290/attachment/tcl-error.pd) (549 Bytes; application/octet-stream)

I started getting this Tcl error:

(Tcl) INVALID COMMAND NAME: invalid command name ".x1e85d08.c"
  while executing
".x1e85d08.c delete plot1e9715c"
  ("uplevel" body line 1)
  invoked from within
"uplevel #0 $docmds"

when I close a subpatch containing an array while data is frequently written to that array with [array set] or [tabwrite]. I can more or less reproduce it with the attached patch.

As a side effect sometimes the graphics of all GUI elements stop to update. For example, I can still move a slider and change the value but it doesn't change visually. Years ago I got a similar GUI freeze issue with Pd-extended together with a Tcl error but in another context.

I tested on Pd 0.47.1 + Windows 7.
Other user also get this Tcl error on OSX: https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2017-03/118477.html

Christof

---