[PD-dev] Conflict: incoming OSC data and DSP on

Niccolò Granieri granieriniccolo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 00:56:01 CEST 2017

Hello Pd-dev mailing list,

I am writing, for the first time, to point out an issue I'm having with incoming OSC data in Pd and DSP being turned on.

The problem occurs when, while receiving OSC data from inside my machine (thus using a localhost), I turn on DSP. The OSC data stops flowing until I don't turn the DSP off.

The only workaround I found to solve this issue is to run two separate instances of Pd: the first one that will act as an OSC parser, not having the need to turn on DSP. Once the data is parsed, the data is sent to a second instance of Pd via FUDI protocol (netsend) where it can coexist with DSP on without causing any issues.

This unfortunately brings up the amount of computing power needed.

I was wondering if anyone encountered the same problem before, and if there was any better solution.

Thanks in advance, glad to be in this mailing list,

Niccolò

Pure Data 0.47.1 - 64 bit