[PD-dev] Conflict: incoming OSC data and DSP on

Niccolò Granieri granieriniccolo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 14:16:51 CEST 2017

Hi IOhannes, thanks a lot for your feedback.

I guess there is something else that I'm not taking into account. Because both on the test patch I sent over, and on the actual patch I'm working on with which I'm having issues, if I turn DSP on the whole patch freezes, until I turn audio off.

> GUI-updates might eventually become throttled.
> so you ought to make sure that it is really the numbers that do not
> arrive over the wire, rather than the numberboxes simply refusing to
> update at that rate. a simple hack is to send the numbers to the cold
> inlet of [f] and periodically ([metro 1000]) print out the values stored
> therein.

I tried, but being frozen it becomes impossible to even do anything with the incoming values.

I am sure that a colleague of mine had the same issues running the latest pd on another Macbook Pro, 15" late 2011 running El Captain, and a Lenovo ThinkPad running a linux build.

If that could be of any use I can try and find out more precise specs.