[PD-dev] Conflict: incoming OSC data and DSP on

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 17:37:30 CEST 2017

On Mit, 2017-04-12 at 16:13 +0100, Niccolò Granieri wrote:

> > Just a wild guess: It looks like your localhost connection is slow
> > for
> > some reason. Is there some anti virus software installed? If so,
> > does
> > the problem still occur when anti virus is stopped?
> No antivirus installed on my Mac. Also, I can assure you that it's
> not a slow localhost problem. It's happening also on another Mac, and
> a Lenovo running Linux. It's an issue that Pd has when it receives a
> big stream of OSC data.

Now we have some more data points and we know the problem is not
platform dependent. OTOH, I have trouble reproducing the issue on Linux
(also on a Lenovo, if that matters at all) and on OS X 10.10.5.

It seems unlikely to me that this issue is related to the data being
OSC formatted. Does it happen with FUDI messages as well?

Also, what you call 'big stream of OSC data' is still far smaller than
with what I often deal with in Pd and I don't experience and DSP issues
or GUI freezes. I'm lost here...

Roman