[PD-dev] trying to compile Pd on OS X (10.11)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri May 5 18:10:36 CEST 2017

Roman (or IOhannes), can you open an issue on the pure-data/pure-data Github repo about this? It wouldn’t be too hard to have autoconf check for the traditional lib as well.

I’m in the middle of preparing for a move to Karlsruhe(!) as well as a baby coming about the same time, so I’m kind of hit and miss as far as dev time right now.

> On May 5, 2017, at 4:00 AM, pd-dev-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> i think (on OSX) it relies on the Jackmp.framework (available from [1],
> though i believe newer versions can be found at [2]) to be installed
> (and does weak linking, so it can work even if the framework is not
> installed).
> i also think that homebrew does not install the jack.framework, but
> rather some traditional libjack.so.
> Pd's configure.ac hardcodes this into src/Makefile.am, which makes it
> somehow hard to override :-(

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>