[PD-dev] unable to load pdp library (mach-o, but wrong architecture)

cjniven cjniven at gmail.com
Mon May 8 02:13:51 CEST 2017

A lot of my libraries have broken since updating to OS X 10.12, using Pd-extended 0.43.4.

Right now I’ve been trying to build pdp from source, but I’m getting this error in the main window:

/Users/billjobs/Library/Pd/pdp.pd_darwin: dlopen(/Users/billjobs/Library/Pd/pdp.pd_darwin, 10): no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Users/billjobs/Library/Pd/pdp.pd_darwin: mach-o, but wrong architecture

The problem is both pdp and pd that I’ve compiled from source are built for my native architecture (x86_64), but the pre-compiled version of Pd-extended I’m trying to get pdp working with is i386.

I’ve been trying to rebuild pdp and pd either as fat binaries or i386 but I don’t think I’m doing it the right way as I’m getting a 64 bit binary each time (for both pdp, and pd).

If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be appreciated — I need pdp to work so I can record Gem patches with a syphon server.

Thanks,

-c