[PD-dev] unable to load pdp library (mach-o, but wrong architecture)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon May 8 18:20:27 CEST 2017

On macOS, pd is built using the current architecture by default. This is true for building pretty much anything on macOS.

To use prebuilt 32 bit libs, you need a 32 bit version of pd. This is actually pretty easy, I’ve just not documented all the new features in a readme and the only way to find them is by checking the configure —help. Sorry about that.

Short answer is use the —universal flag to set the architecture:

    ./configure —universal=i386

> On May 8, 2017, at 4:00 AM, pd-dev-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> From: cjniven <cjniven at gmail.com <mailto:cjniven at gmail.com>>
> Subject: [PD-dev] unable to load pdp library (mach-o, but wrong architecture)
> Date: May 7, 2017 at 6:13:51 PM MDT
> To: Ed Kelly via Pd-dev <pd-dev at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-dev at lists.iem.at>>
>

> A lot of my libraries have broken since updating to OS X 10.12, using Pd-extended 0.43.4.
>
> Right now I’ve been trying to build pdp from source, but I’m getting this error in the main window:
>
> /Users/billjobs/Library/Pd/pdp.pd_darwin: dlopen(/Users/billjobs/Library/Pd/pdp.pd_darwin, 10): no suitable image found.  Did find:
> 	/Users/billjobs/Library/Pd/pdp.pd_darwin: mach-o, but wrong architecture
>
> The problem is both pdp and pd that I’ve compiled from source are built for my native architecture (x86_64), but the pre-compiled version of Pd-extended I’m trying to get pdp working with is i386.
>
> I’ve been trying to rebuild pdp and pd either as fat binaries or i386 but I don’t think I’m doing it the right way as I’m getting a 64 bit binary each time (for both pdp, and pd).
>
> If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be appreciated — I need pdp to work so I can record Gem patches with a syphon server.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -c

--------
Dan Wilcox