[PD-dev] building Pd with makefile.msvc

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 27 00:33:05 CEST 2017

I had a look and I'm baffled too.

Here's teh script I use to build Pd in microsoft visual C, running
under wine:

---------------------

if [ ! -d ../drive_c/users/msp ]
  then echo ../drive_c/users/msp: no such directory; exit 1
  else echo -n
fi

cd ../drive_c/users/msp/
pwd
rm -rf pd
unzip /tmp/pd.zip
cd pd/src
if make MSCC="wine cl" MSLN="wine link" COPY=cp DELETE=rm \
    SRCASIO= ASIOLIB=/NODEFAULTLIB:ole32 PAAPI=-DPA_USE_WMME PAASIO=
 then echo -n ; else exit 1; fi
cd ../extra
for i in  bonk~ choice fiddle~ loop~ lrshift~ pique sigmund~ stdout pd~;
do
  echo extern ----------------- $i -----------------
  cd $i
  if make MSCC="wine cl" MSLN="wine link" COPY=cp DELETE=rm pd_nt
    then echo -n ; else exit 1; fi
   cd ..
done
exit 0

So ASIOLIB is redefined to contain... wait for it... nothing at all.
Maybe you can just omit asiolib.lib from makefile.msvc now?

cheers
Miller