[PD-dev] building Pd with makefile.msvc

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 04:20:19 CEST 2017

In looking through what I did start working on:

1. For the MinGW build, do we need to keep the WISHAPP define set to wish85.exe? Shouldn't this be wish.exe? This is in the MINGW section in src/Makefile.am

2. I did run into a missing pthread error after building which was fixed with the following in the mingw platform section of the configure.ac

    # statically link pthread into the exe, otherwise we get a missing dll error
    LIBS="-Wl,-Bstatic -static $LIBS -Wl,-Bdynamic"

If I can get another Windows machine, I could test this further. Maybe someone can send me a Mac Mini for triple boot? :)

> On Jun 27, 2017, at 12:58 PM, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jun 27, 2017, at 12:00 PM, pd-dev-request at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-dev-request at lists.iem.at> wrote:
>>
>> this is mainly for miller:
>

> Ah sorry about things. I did set up a Windows install while at the Uni but didn't end up getting to far into checking the Pd build before the whole whiplash move to Karlsruhe and our first baby. I do have a copy of the build tree I was messing with so I can generate a patch, mainly some smaller configure stuff.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>