[PD-dev] closing GItHub PRs

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jun 28 11:25:22 CEST 2017

On 06/28/2017 04:56 AM, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> I have one request that was basically fully merged upstream, but the
> [midiclkin] object
>
> https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/41

i think we should differentiate between pull requests and issues.
an issue is a "problem description", whereas a pull request is an "action".
the PR should be closed if the "action" has either been accepted or not,
regardless of whether the underlying "problem" has been resolved.

the PR is about fixing the [midiclkin] object.
removing the object is something different (although somewhat related),
not tackled by this PR.
i'd suggest to create a new *issue* about removing the object, and close
the pull-request.

you can *then* create a new PR that removes the object and closes your
ticket.

gfmards
IOhannes