[PD-dev] building Pd with makefile.msvc

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jun 28 11:29:16 CEST 2017

On 06/28/2017 04:20 AM, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> 2. I did run into a missing pthread error after building which was fixed with the following in the mingw platform section of the configure.ac
>
>     # statically link pthread into the exe, otherwise we get a missing dll error
>     LIBS="-Wl,-Bstatic -static $LIBS -Wl,-Bdynamic"

but that links in *all* libraries statically (not just pthreads).

iirc, a number of externals rely on Pd providing things like pthreadVC.dll.
so if we have to provide a few dlls anyhow, i don't see much merit in
static linking.

e.g. this fixed the runtime problem for me:
  cp /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libwinpthread-1.dll bin/

mdsar
IOhannes