[PD-dev] [pure-data:bugs] #1300 Pd crashes when sending 'menuclose' to a patch opened multiple times

Zack Lee cuinjune at users.sf.net
Tue Jul 4 17:02:41 CEST 2017

---

** [bugs:#1300] Pd crashes when sending 'menuclose' to a patch opened multiple times**

**Status:** open
**Group:** v0.47
**Labels:** bug crash
**Created:** Tue Jul 04, 2017 03:02 PM UTC by Zack Lee
**Last Updated:** Tue Jul 04, 2017 03:02 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody
**Attachments:**

- [child.pd](https://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/bugs/1300/attachment/child.pd) (72 Bytes; application/octet-stream)
- [test.pd](https://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/bugs/1300/attachment/test.pd) (376 Bytes; application/octet-stream)

Hi, I found out when I open a pd patch multiple times and then if I try to close them using 'menuclose', it seems like it is causing pd to crash.

It didn't always crash, but in my experience it crashed about 9 out of 10 times.
I attached 2 files that are 'test.pd' and 'child.pd'.

**Please follow the steps below to test yourself**
1. Download 'test.pd' and 'child.pd' and open 'test.pd'.
2. Make sure you edit the path in the message box so pd can find and open 'child.pd'.
3. Try opening and closing 'child.pd' as instructions written in the patch.
4. Repeat 10 times and see if pd crashes on your computer.

I used Pd-0.47-1-64bit on Mac OS X 10.11.6.
I really hope this can be fixed.

Thanks,
Zack

PS: I personally think it would be better if there's a way to close the specific patch among a patch that is opened multiple times.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because pd-dev at lists.iem.at is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/bugs/