[PD-dev] building with msys2

patrice colet colet.patrice at free.Fr
Wed Jul 12 16:25:55 CEST 2017

Le 12/07/2017 à 09:55, IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :

> great that it works.

and it give a confirmation that pd has to be compiled with 64bit
compiler for detecting uad apollo twin soundcard:

$ pd -listdev
audio input devices:
1. MMIO:Mappeur de sons Microsoft - Input
2. MMIO:Microphone (Realtek Audio)
3. MMIO:Microphone (Apollo Thunderbolt
4. ASIO:ASIO4ALL v2
5. ASIO:Realtek ASIO
6. ASIO:Universal Audio Apollo TB <---- this is really a good new!
audio output devices:
1. MMIO:Mappeur de sons Microsoft - Output
2. MMIO:Haut-parleurs (Apollo Thunderbo
3. MMIO:Haut-parleurs / ▒couteurs (Real
4. MMIO:VX228 (Son Intel(R) pour ▒crans
5. ASIO:ASIO4ALL v2
6. ASIO:Realtek ASIO
7. ASIO:Universal Audio Apollo TB
API number 4

> two things:
>
> - on w32, the autotools build is known to produce binaries that
> "somehow" work, but there are also know problems when it comes to
> compiling and/or loading externals; see [25]

Also "make install" doesn't seem to put everything in the right place,
for example:

Once installed in /c/msys64/usr/lib by this command, pd looks for
/c/msys64/usr/tcl/pd-gui.tcl

we have to admit that it's not very convenient, but pd launches the GUI
if I put the GUI scripts in this place.
I can load/edit patches to make some tests but the help browser doesn't
find anything.

Next step would be about building DLLs with the autotools, so I'd be
able to share resulting binaries, and externals would work

> - do you want to do a PR on github to include your changes to configure.ac?

I've commited changes to configure.ac

pc