[PD-dev] what does plutil -replace do? (build failing on my machine)

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Thu Jul 13 07:29:07 CEST 2017

Hi all -
I tried to "make app" on an OSX 10.6 system (the most recent
OS I have ATM :) and get:

rm -rf ../Pd-0.47.1.app
../mac/osx-app.sh 0.47.1
unrecognized option: -replace
plutil: [command_option] [other_options] file...
The file '-' means stdin
Command options are (-lint is the default):
 -help		show this message and exit
 -lint		check the property list files for syntax errors
 -convert fmt	rewrite property list files in format
		fmt is one of: xml1 binary1
There are some additional optional arguments:
 -s		be silent on success
 -o path	specify alternate file path name for result;
		the -o option is used with -convert, and is only
		useful with one file argument (last file overwrites);
		the path '-' means stdout
 -e extension	specify alternate extension for converted files
 --		specifies that all further arguments are file names
make[1]: *** [app] Error 1
make: *** [app] Error 2

Before I spend the next week trying to upgrade my OS, is there any
wisdom on how I can avoid hving to use the -replace option (which
I can't even find documented anywhere on the web...)

thanks
Miller