[PD-dev] Window position fix lost

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 17:31:44 CEST 2017

Hey all

Back in February IOhannes commited a fix for window position on X11. It
fixed all the window jumping troubles I had before and that I tried to
address by manually adjusting windowframex and windowframey in pd-
gui.tcl.

Soon after, the fix doesn't have any effect anymore. With current
master the situation even worsened. When 'vis 0' and 'vis 1' a canvas,
the window jumps down by a significant amount of pixels (> 30). And
this behaviour can't be addressed anymore by my manual fix described
above.

The last good version I know: 7a8cce12
From this on jumping occurs:  dfbfc754

Attached patch illustrates the jumping window on X11 (tested on Ubuntu
16.04).

On macOS, I can't reproduce the issue, the window stays in place.

Roman