[PD-dev] gui plist

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 20:09:41 CEST 2017

I looked through pd_guiprefs.tcl again and I see the domain is already org.puredata.pd.pd-gui on line 65. It was actually be changed to org.puredata ONLY on macOS, so I fixed that in a commit to the current "develop" branch. I made this jump mainly because if we don't do it before the release, it will be harder to change later.

I've tested this domain and the prefs are working fine except for I'm not sure if the single quote escaping is working right as I occiainsionaly see a single quote added to the end of the recent files strings. Will check on this.

> On Jul 6, 2017, at 12:00 PM, pd-dev-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> From: IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at <mailto:zmoelnig at iem.at>>
> Subject: Re: [PD-dev] gui plist
> Date: July 5, 2017 at 10:17:39 PM GMT+2
> To: pd-dev at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-dev at lists.iem.at>
>

> On 07/05/2017 04:55 PM, Dan Wilcox wrote:
>> Actually, pd-extended uses org.puredata.pdextended.pd-gui.plist which works just as well. For vanilla, we could use the following:
>>
>> * org.puredata.pd.plist (app preferences)
>> * org.puredata.pd.gui.plist (gui preferences)
>>
>> I think this more property reflects the hierarchy between the processes.
>
> i totally agree (and i wouldn't mind switching to info.puredata...
> either :-))
>
> however, i wonder whether this is really a regression: when i rewrote
> the guiprefs system i tried to stay as close to the original values, and
> i haven't seen any mention of "pd-gui" for the plist domain anywhere.
> that's the main reason why i haven't changed it for OSX (for the other
> platforms, Pd *is* using the org.puredata.pd.pd-gui domain already).
>
> fmdsr
> IOhannes

--------
Dan Wilcox