[PD-dev] building with msys2

patrice colet colet.patrice at free.Fr
Fri Jul 14 15:53:26 CEST 2017

I have installed Ubuntu on Windows, and I can say why not. :)

  Ubuntu doesn't resolve my problem that is about to make working fully
UAD soundcard on PureData, the only working way I know is about using
64bit ASIO.

I don't really see the point about compiling windows binaries on a linux
system that is installed on windows, maybe it's been worth to try but I
have no clue about detecting windows with the build system.

I could try to install mingw64 on ubuntu but why would I do that since
mingw64 is really easy to install directly on windows by installing
MSYS2 with one click?

MSYS2 provides same GNU tools I need, it uses pacman that is very good
packaging system (for me it's far better than dpkg), and a tiny space on
hard drive compared to ubuntu with insider preview.

PC