[PD-dev] Pd's build date / build version

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jul 14 21:56:51 CEST 2017

On 07/13/2017 05:35 PM, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> Hey all
>
> I couldn't find any reliable way to identify a compiled Pd binary. The
> only info I have is the creation date.
>
> Wouldn't it be cool for developers if Pd would display its build date

to the contrary.
most of the time build dates have little meaning, and turn out to create
confusion.
Pd-0.38-3 should by all means behave the same, regardless of whether it
was compiled tonight, or 10 years ago.

apart from that: Pd already displays that information, both with the
"-version" and the "-verbose" flags (but in both cases, only on stdout).

> somewhere and possible even the version (shortened commit hash)?

that's much more meaningful, but also much harder to get for all
supported platforms.

mdas
IOhannes