[PD-dev] How to use sys_startgui()?

Pierre Guillot guillotpierre6 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 16:30:16 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I started to update my project zpd [1] with the last version of Pd (before
testing the new features in libpd) but I don't really understand how the
function sys_startgui() should be used and what it does [2] . In the
Miller's branch of libpd, the example [3] use a relative path but I don't
know what is the path to my application and what should be the target of
the path. I asked on GitHub and Dan explained me that I should give the
path to the tcl scripts to start the Pd GUI but what if I don't have Pd
installed? The solution I found for the moment is to copy the static
function sys_fakefromgui() [4] but it's dirty and not very sustainable.

Anyone has a solution?
Best,

Pierre

[1] https://github.com/pierreguillot/zpd