[PD-dev] How to use sys_startgui()?

Pierre Guillot guillotpierre6 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 22:56:09 CEST 2017

Yes, I think that's the first case but I surely need to better understand
this part of the code. In fact, I have no idea what is considered as part
of the GUI or not... I mean, in my case, I don't really have a graphical
interface but I would like to get the informations of the objects that
depends on the font sizes. If I don't call sys_fakefromgui(), I get a
division by zero somewhere because the font sizes are not initialized (and
perhaps there are other errors but I don't reach these parts of the code).
Anyway with the previous version of Pd I didn't have to call this function
so didn't really look at that but now I would like to know what it really
does and if there is a proper way to initialize this part of Pd.

Thanks!
Pierre