[PD-dev] PD multi-threads and multi-instances - First results

Pierre Guillot guillotpierre6 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 09:53:51 CEST 2017

Now, I try to use it in a multi-threads context with libpd. The idea is to
detach a new thread each time I want to perform an action on an instance (I
could have use one thread per instance and signals but it is simpler for a
1st approach). I encountered 2 issues:
- pdinstance_free crashes (I'll investigate the problem)
- libpd_openfile crashes. It seems that sys_lock() does not really lock and
the other instances can pass it before the 1st one has called sys_unlock().
My libpd tests are in the folder samples/c/pdtest_thread in my libpd fork
https://github.com/pierreguillot/libpd/tree/dev/threadable

Cheers,

Pierre