[PD-dev] 0.48.0 release status

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 07:40:09 CEST 2017

> (Optional) Big Stuff
>
> * Adopt DejaVu Sans Mono a the default font -> this is in the dejavu
> branch https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/42
>   This is mainly for mac & Linux, Windows support will need to be added
> later as mentioned in the discussion. It also fixes the bad Monaco
> rendering on retina screens at small font sizes.

Hi, I'm testing this and I see it still doesn't result in the same metrics
as Pd-Extended, making everything compatible between cross platforms, but
also compatible to extended (and purr data by extent).

I've inquired before if that was the goal, and @danomatika 's answer was
"yes", and that it simply didn't have that change applied yet. So it seems
it still hasn't been applied, right?

So, do we still need further discussion before applying this change?

Cause the way things are right now, there's a metrics change that
compromise backwards compatibility and it would change and compromise many
of cyclone's documentation, for instance. So I'm not that happy if it would
be included as is.

cheers