[PD-dev] 0.48.0 release status

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 09:40:06 CEST 2017

Look, I know you guys go on and on about this but it's really up to Miller.

I think the object boxes are sometimes too small with those metrics and I'm not willing to put forward what might be a major change for people without some actual talk.

The font is one thing, object sizing another. Also, there are multiple places where the metrics are placed and calculated so I'm not sure if changing the numbers in one place but not in the source code is the right idea either. I just don't know, hence need input for those that do.

Devils Advocate: Also, as IOhannes mentioned at one point, *exact* pixel sizing between platforms is always going to be close but probably not perfect and what happens when people use a different font or different sizing via startup flags? Maybe simply having some space around things and using sub patches is the easiest solution?

enohp ym morf tnes
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com
robotcowboy.com