[PD-dev] building Pd from git with asio support: portaudio can't find asio headers

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Tue Jul 25 18:53:21 CEST 2017

> but let's stay in sync on this.

definitely!

> I have a new job (ZKM)

congrats! :-) I've just been there in June for next_generation.

> so my plan is fix the autootools build issues on Windows

awesome!

> you could propose your builds to Miller

unfortunately, with 'make install' I always end up with a static build (a large pd.exe instead of large pd.dll + small pd.exe). the build works with all the externals in 'extra' but not with other externals so it's useless for deployment :-(. the missing pd.dll is the biggest obstacle and I'm trying to figure out how to solve this. I have to say I still know very little about autotools and makefiles in general, but I'm digging into it.

so far I recognized four major things to fix:

1) create pd.dll
2) fix asio search paths for portaudio
3) installing missing files to bin (wish85.exe and some dlls). I discovered that they are contained in msw/pdprototype.tgz but they don't get installed for some reason.
4) fix the install folder structure (as it doesn't work as it is, I have to move things around) and make a configure option for a Windows style install, following the folder structure of Miller's Windows build.

but let's do it after the Pd release :-)

Christof