[PD-dev] libpd multiinstance issues, pd: unknown message dsp 1

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sun Aug 13 21:12:35 CEST 2017

This is not very specific... but it turns out to be very easy to mistakenly
call functions on the "main instance" and then at other moments call other
functions on an instance you created.  I think when Pd is compiled
multi-instance it's best not to use pd_maininstance at all but only operate
on another instance that you create for the purpose.  But anyhow, watching
the value of pd_this as the various calls are made will show if this is the
problem or not.

cheers
Miller