[PD-dev] Pd 0.48 app bundle without src dir

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 10:52:13 CEST 2017

Dan, the new documentations are great!

Is it the case that Miller switched from 'old build system'
(makefile.mac etc.) to autotools between 0.47-* and 0.48-*? That would
explain why a simple rebuild within the app bundle was feasible at the
time of PdCon16~, while it is not even technically possible currently.
The makefile.mac is a source file, while makefile(s) from an autotools
build system are not, so no way to 'cd to the source directory and hit
make' as it was phrased in the PdCon presentation.

I'm slowly starting to understand that the lost option to rebuild
within the app bundle is a logical consequence of switching from one
build method to the other. And including the complete source files is
of no use then. So I rest my case!

By the way I wonder if the same is going on with the Windows package?

Katja