[PD-dev] Pd 0.48 app bundle without src dir

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 20:03:47 CEST 2017

> On Aug 16, 2017, at 6:16 PM, Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu> wrote:
>
> It's ugly :)
>
> I'm using Dan's autotools setup to build the i386 and ia64 MacOS versions,
> and my own ad hoc system (makefile.mac) to build for PPC.

You should be able to build a combined i386, x86_64, and ppc binary using the auto tools setup when using the --enable-universal on a system with the 10.6 SDK:

    ./configure --enable-universal

At least we have that capability in place, but I've not had an old machine to be able to fully test it.

> I was sorry to see the capability to recompile-within-the-app disappear
> but I think the way the autotools build system works makes this much more
> awkward (you have to run 'make install' to get the file tree in a state where
> Pd can find its support files).

It should still be possible if copying in the symbolic links to the binaries in the bin folder and leave the actual binaries in the src folder. That was my thinking with adding a new flag to the sox-app.sh script to either create a "fat" or "slim" app.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>