[PD-dev] Whole directory path uploaded on deken

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Aug 16 22:03:40 CEST 2017

On 08/16/2017 08:33 PM, alex wrote:

> On 08/16/2017 08:22 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
>> On 08/16/2017 07:19 PM, alex wrote:
>>> I compiled iemguts for ARMv7 and uploaded it on deken. When I downloaded
>>> it to test if it works, the whole directory tree where the original
>>> files are located in my computer was downloaded, which is this:
>>>
>>> home/alex/pd_patches/modular_synthesizer/externals/iemguts
>>>
>>> Did I do something wrong when uploading (I guess I did)? How can this be
>>> corrected? How can this be avoided?
>> this has been reported as https://github.com/pure-data/deken/issues/147
>>
>> a simple workaround is to run `deken` in the parent of the library you
>> want to package.
>> do rather than:
>> --deken package ~/pd_patches/modular_synthesizer/externals/iemguts--
>>
>> you should instead do:
>> $ cd  ~/pd_patches/modular_synthesizer/externals
>> $ deken package iemguts
> Ok, makes sense, but typing:
> $ deken
>
> I get:
> bash: deken: command not found
>
> I did follow the instructions in the developer directory of deken, but
> maybe I didn't do something right. As a work around I guess I could copy
> the directory I want to upload to the deken/developer directory

that does't make sense.

> directory, or I could cd to the parent directory of the externals I want
> to upload and type:
> $ ~/deken/developer/deken

whatever (this is getting very specific to your filesystem layout).

you could also just zip the directory with your favourite zipping/tgz
tool, making sure that the filename is *correct* (e.g. the one that
deken suggested).

and then use "deken upload" instead of "deken package" to only upload
the archive.

> which seems to work
>

> I guess now I know how to upload packages. Can the "faulty" package I've
> uploaded be corrected somehow?

you can just overwrite the file on the portal (alternatively remove it
first via the webinterface)

gfmasd
IOhannes