[PD-dev] jack detection on OSX (Re: [PD] Pd-0.48 for macOS not compiled with jack support(?))

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Aug 28 11:37:03 CEST 2017

On 08/28/2017 11:24 AM, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> I cannot confirm. The instructions say:
>
> ./configure
>
> but without '--enable-jack' no Jack support will be enabled, neither
> with weak linking nor without. Or do I miss something?

i think you are right.

looking at the code, it seems that on OSX autotools will automatically
set JACK_FRAMEWORK for you (unless overridden), but the src/Makefile.am
only checks JACK_FRAMEWORK if JACK is also set (which will *not* be set
by default).
i also wonder about the jack=xrun case.

gfdsr
IOhannes