[PD-dev] jack detection on OSX (Re: [PD] Pd-0.48 for macOS not compiled with jack support(?))

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 12:19:37 CEST 2017

Jack support on macOS is contingent on the --enable-jack flag as it on all other platforms. The --disable-jack-framework flag was added to be able to control the link type on macOS as is decent upon whether jack support is enabled. That made the most sense to me while keeping existing defaults.

> On Aug 28, 2017, at 12:00 PM, pd-dev-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> On 08/28/2017 11:24 AM, Roman Haefeli wrote:
>> I cannot confirm. The instructions say:
>>
>> ./configure
>>
>> but without '--enable-jack' no Jack support will be enabled, neither
>> with weak linking nor without. Or do I miss something?
>
> i think you are right.
>
> looking at the code, it seems that on OSX autotools will automatically
> set JACK_FRAMEWORK for you (unless overridden), but the src/Makefile.am
> only checks JACK_FRAMEWORK if JACK is also set (which will *not* be set
> by default).
> i also wonder about the jack=xrun case.

--------
Dan Wilcox